EU Funding for Defence and Security
Slovenian Business and Research Association and the Ministry of Defence of Republic of Slovenia
coorganised the conference on
EU FUNDING FOR DEFENCE AND SECURITY
8 March 2018 I 10:00 – 15:00
Permanent Representation of the Republic of Slovenia, Rue du Commerce 44, Brussels
The objective of the conference was to present the EU defence policy and the landscape of different EU funding opportunities for defence industry and research. The conference will focus on the European Defence Fund, which includes a "research window" to fund collaborative research in innovative defence technologies in the amount of EUR 90 million until 2020 and 500 million EUR per year post 2020 and a "capability window" which would act as a financial tool allowing participating Member States to purchase certain assets together to reduce their costs. This window should be able to mobilise about 5 billion EUR per year.
The programme of the conference included the following:
- Presentation of the EU defence policy and funding programmes for defence industry and research (European Commission)
- Presentation of 2018 calls for Preparatory action on defence Research (European Commission,European Defence Agency)
- Presentation of Horizon 2020 Security calls 2018-2020 (SOST)
- Presentation of Slovenian defence industry and research (Ministry of Defence of Republic of Slovenia)
- Excellence from defence industry and research (representatives of defence companies and research organisations)
The programme of the conference is available here.
All conference photos can be found on our Facebook page by clicking here.
Please also take a look at the Catalogue of Capabilities of Slovenian Defence Companies and Institutions.
- Erno Vandeweert - Presentation of the work programmes of the Preparatory Action and Defence Research
- Klaus Bolving - Presentation of regional defence and security clusters
- Larisa Pograjc - Defence research and industry in Slovenia
- Marina Martinez - Presentation of the H2020 Security calls 2018-2020
- Paul Anciaux - Overview of EU defence policy and funding opportunities for defence sector
- Pierre di Torro - Defence sector access to funding at European level
Good Practice Presentations:
- National Institute of Biology - Chemical and biological weapons
- National Institute of Chemistry - Advanced and high performing materials
- UMFERI-II - AI & Cybersecurity
- Smart Data Security Adriatic - Electronic Welfare & CBRN Defence
- Arctur - Innovative Radiation Detection
- Jozef Stefan Institute - Nanomaterials, fuel cell technology for mobile & stationary applications
- Guardiaris - Strategic_development
- SkyLabs - Small Satellites
- C-Astral - Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- Institute for Environmental Protection and Sensors - Sensors
- University of Maribor - Presentation of Institute of Informatics
The conference was followed by a networking lunch accompanied by a selection of excellent Slovenian wine from Vinakoper.
Should you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Ms Maja Ferlinc via firstname.lastname@example.org.