The Slovenian Business and Research Association (SBRA) is a Brussels-based representation office of the most successful and highly respected Slovenian organisations from both the public and private sectors. Established in 1999 as an international non-profit association connecting business, research and local communities in Slovenia with the EU institutions and other public and private bodies at EU level. SBRA members represent a wide-spectrum of Slovenian interests, from the fields of business and research.
SBRA has been created with the purpose to:
- Encourage cooperation between Slovenia, the European Union and its Member States in the domains of business, research and regional policy;
- Support members in their activities on the EU level and facilitate their successful participation in EU projects, community programmes, initiatives and strategies;
- Facilitate the communication with European institutions, associations and representation offices in the field of research, business and regional policy.
Members of SBRA manage and control their association through the following bodies:
- Board of Directors is composed of 3 members who are appointed for a term of 4 years by the council, and confirmed by the general meeting. The board provides leadership of the SBRA, secures programme consistency and takes care of good governance of SBRA-membership relations.
- Council is composed of 11 representatives of effective members. its structure reflects the structure of SBRA membership representing the three spheres of activities: business, R&D, education and regional development. The council defines SBRA strategy and programme priorities
- General Assembly is composed of representatives of all members, it’s role is to elect the members of the council and confirm the programme, annual report, financial plan and financial statement.