The Slovenian Business and Research Association (SBRA) is a Brussels-based representation office of the most successful and highly respected Slovenian organisations from both the public and private sectors. Established in 1999 as an international non-profit association connecting business, research and local communities in Slovenia with the EU institutions and other public and private bodies at EU level. SBRA members represent a wide-spectrum of Slovenian interests, from the fields of business, research and local communities.
SBRA has been created with the purpose to:
- Encourage cooperation between Slovenia, the European Union and its Member States in the domains of business, research and regional/local policy;
- Support members in their activities on the EU level and facilitate their successful participation in EU projects, community programmes, initiatives and strategies;
- Facilitate the communication with European institutions, associations and representation offices in the field of research, business and regional/local policy.
Members of SBRA manage and control their association through the following bodies:
- Board of Directors is composed of 3 members who are appointed for a term of 4 years by the council, and confirmed by the general meeting. The board provides leadership of the SBRA, secures programme consistency and takes care of good governance of SBRA-membership relations.
- Council is composed of 11 representatives of effective members. its structure reflects the structure of SBRA membership representing the three spheres of activities: business, R&D, education and regional development. The council defines SBRA strategy and programme priorities
- General Assembly is composed of representatives of all members, it’s role is to elect the members of the council and confirm the programme, annual report, financial plan and financial statement.