BOOSTING INNOVATION FOR EU INDUSTRY
BOOSTING INNOVATION FOR EU INDUSTRY:
Industrial Infrastructures and Open Innovation Ecosystems
3 April 2019
Increasingly companies across the EU need access to open innovation ecosystems, to assist upscaling new technologies, product testing and validation support. Industrial research infrastructures, whether public, semi-public or private, refer to facilities, equipment and support services that address innovation across the entire value chain.
The cost of such open innovation ecosystems and their associated infrastructures can be very high, especially for SMEs and start-ups. Therefore the European Commission, Member States and regions, all collaborate on various open innovation tools to support fast-cycle development of new products and facilitation of market uptake: Digital Innovation Hubs, Open Innovation Test Beds, Centres for Key Enabling Technologies (KETs and regional centres), among others.
The Slovenian Business & Research Association and the European Commission, DG Research and Innovation coorganised Boosting Innovation for EU Industry conference, which took place in Ljubljana, Slovenia on the 3 April 2019! Discussions focused on future actions targeting a pan-European industrial ecosystem. The main objective of the conference was to present different EU national and regional initiatives to support innovation, access to industrial infrastructure and financial support to boost innovation beyond 2020.
The conference showcased several excellent examples of innovation support with special emphasis on Slovenia and the wider region, provided feedback to high level EU representatives and discussed the needs of the local industry.
More so, it provided a great opportunity for networking and matchmaking between companies, research institutes, universities, laboratories, agencies, clusters and other institutions from Slovenia and the wider region.
All the photos from the conference are available here!
- Ales Ipavec - Inovacijski Ekosistem - Optimalna struktura financiranja
- Andreja Kutnar - Open Innovation. Open Science. Open to the World.
- Andreja Smole - Open Innovation in Companies and Businesses
- Anne-Marie Sassen - The role of Digital Innovation Hubs in Digital Europe Programme
- Boris Cizelj - The Role of Innovation Ecosystem
- Dragan Marusic - A Boomerang Tossed in the Night of Redeeming
- Dragica Marinic - Strategic research and innovation partnership - Networks for the transition to circular economy
- Emilija Stojmenova Duh - FabLab Network Digital Innovation Hub Slovenia
- Giacomo Copani - Open Innovation in Lombardy
- Igor Kovac - Strategic Research Innovation Partnership - Factories of the Future
- Ilaria Re - Vanguard initiative - New Growth Through Smart Specialisation
- Jakob Gajsek - Ljubljana University Incubator & EIT Health in Slovenia
- Janez Uplaznik - 24alife
- Maja Bucar - Opredelitev ključnih izzivov v nadaljnjem razvoju slovenskega inovacijskega ekosistema
- Matej Zalar - Financial Infrastructure – An Integral Part of Innovation Infrastructure
- Peter Stanovnik - Usmeritve na področju financiranja javnih in zasebnih RR
- Piotr Kozarewicz - Science & Innovation in Tobacco Harm Reduction
- Robert Dominko - Network of research & testing centers on advanced materials for batteries
- Rok Podobnik - An Open Innovation Ecosystem for upscaling production processes of lightweight metal alloys composites
- Romano Hoofman - R&D and Innovation Hub in Nanoelectronics and Digital Technologies
- Sibil Svilan - Financial Instruments for Access to Innovation
- Signe Ratso - Open Innovation Test Beds and Opportunities
- Špela Stres - RTO-SME cooperation
- Stanislav Kores - Talum Kidričevo, Slovenian company specialising in alumina and aluminum products
- Tamara Lah Turnšek - Kakšen zakon o raziskovalni dejavnosti potrebujemo
- Urša Jerše - University of Ljubljana Knowledge transfer office
- Ursa Solc - Turning the challenge of raw materials dependence into a strategic strength for Europe
- Viorel Peca & Aoife Mangan - European Innovation Council
- Vladimir Nikic - Joint Support to Innovations - The Case of Competition for the Best Technology Innovation
Please download the programme here.
Registration to the conference and the matchmaking session was organised via the b2match platform!
For additional videos from the conference, please visit our YouTube page by clicking here.