Transforming Consumer and Health-Oriented Society through Science & Innovation
20 June 2018 I 10:00 – 14:00
Permanent Representation of Slovenia to EU,
Rue du Commerce 44, Brussels
The Slovenian Business & Research Association (SBRA) organised Transforming Consumers and Health-Oriented Society through Science and Innovation on Wednesday, 20 June 2018 at the premises of the Permanent Representation of the Republic of Slovenia to the EU (Rue du Commerce 44, Brussels).
The objective of the conference was to present future trends in the innovation in healthcare sector with the focus on benefits for consumers and society and the importance of the cooperation between public and private research.
Renowned experts from business, European health associations and European Commission presented the following topics:
- Current and future EU trends in putting health innovation to market;
- Innovation funding in EU research and innovation funding programmes;
- Importance of disruptive innovation in the healthcare sector;
- The role of patients and businesses in creating innovation in the healthcare sector;
- The impact of healthcare research to society;
- Some excellent cases in healthcare innovation from companies;
- Presentation of public and private research efforts in the healthcare sector, including Innovative Medicines Initiative and KIC Health!
To view the conference programme, click here.
- Dr. Søren Bøwadt - Open Innovation Test beds – Nanotech and Advanced Materials
- Dr. Saša Jenko Kokalj - Bringing innovation into healthcare
- Dr. Jan De Maeseneer - Disruptive Innovation in Healthcare Sector: a contribution from the Expert Panel on Effective Ways of Investing in Health (EXPH)
- Julien Balsen - Regional cooperation in Medical Technology
- Dr. Alenka Rožaj - Slovenian Innovation Hub
- Dr. Boris Turk - Novel opportunities for non-invasive diagnostics for cancer patients
- Vasja Bočko - Electronic medical files
- Kathleen D'Hondt - Healthy Ecosystem in Flanders
- Piotr Kozarewicz - Science and Innovation in Harmful Industries: Case Study in Harm Reduction
- Tek-Ang Lim - Innovative Medicines Initiative
REGISTRATION (CLOSED ON TUESDAY, 19 JUNE):