THE RESEARCH NEEDS FOR A FIRE SAFE SUSTAINABLE BUILT ENVIRONMENT
THE RESEARCH NEEDS FOR A
FIRE SAFE SUSTAINABLE BUILT ENVIRONMENT
23 May 2023 I 09:00 – 13:00
Permanent Representation of the Republic of Slovenia to the European Union
Boulevard du Régent 45-46, 1000 Brussels
There are challenges in achieving a sustainable built environment, where many new construction materials, systems and technologies are being incorporated to reach the sustainability goals set out at various socio-political levels. These ambitious goals bring new fire hazards and risks that are essential to address for sustainability to be truly accomplished. This meeting aims to introduce the emerging challenges and establish the funding required to ensure future sustainable and fire-safe built environments that contribute to local, regional and global sustainability goals across the entire EU.
The programme is available here.
The conclusions from the event are available here.
- Ales Znidaric - Slovenian National Building and Civil Engineering Institute
- Bart Merci - Ghent University
- Daniel Joyeux - Efectis
- Heikki Vaananen - EC, DG Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs
- Jimmy Jonsson - Society of Fire Protection Engineers
- Jomaas Grunde - ERA Chair Holder (FRISSBE), ZAG
- Jose Torero - University College London
- Nina Kristine Reitan - RISE